Faculty-Led Summer Program in Aix-en-Provence, France
FREN 103, 104, 250, 251
This 4 week program in Aix-en-Provence is an intensive immersion experience. Students are taught by resident French faculty at IAU, Students take 1 course and receive three credit hours. All courses are taught in French. Program housing is available with a host family. A Loyola University Chicago faculty program leader is available at all times to accompany students on numerous excursions and cultural events, and to ensure the success of their experience in France.
To view the program flyer, click here.
Led by Loyola Modern Languages French faculty member, Lisa Erceg.
To view, Professor Erceg’s faculty biography, click here.
Prerequisites: FREN 101-102 minimum at LUC, or at another college 101-102 at minimum, or placement of 103 or higher on Loyola Placement test. Luc.edu/llrc, placement test
Students will participate in one IAU French-taught courses (3 credits) and will be placed in a course based on their language level.
Students will also be required to do an e-portfolio project and a cultural presentation as part of the final grade.
- FRENCH 103- Intermediate French I
- FRENCH 104: Intermediate French II
- FRENCH 250: Spanish Composition and Conversation I
- FRENCH 251: Spanish Compositionand Conversation II
Students will be assigned to a homestay family by IAU. This will provide the best opportunity for the student to practice their French speaking skills. Most homestays will be of walking distance to campus.
June 27-July 25, 2015
Program Fee: $3, 475
TOTAL PROGRAM COST: $5, 590
Program fee includes: Housing, breakfast daily, six dinners per week, international health insurance, one full day excursion, activities and cultural events
PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Round-trip airfare (Chicago to France)
- Personal spending money/incidental expenses
- Optional travel and baggage insurance/fees
- Scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded to students who demonstrate financial need with first priority going to Pell grant recipients. To learn more about this award visit (insert link to Scholarships page).
Space is limited—apply today!
As part of the online application you must upload a copy of your valid passport or passport application receipt and pay by credit card a $100 non-refundable Office for International Programs (OIP) study abroad fee.
The application deadline is Monday, March 30, 2015.