Students will experience Southeast Asia's geographical beauty and cultural diversity on the following academically-oriented excursions.
Cu Chi Tunnels
- Explore the tunnels and learn how many Vietnamese in this area experienced the war with the United States.
- Also known as ''the underground village,'' the tunnels were the most complicated and longest system in Vietnam at 250km.
- Visit a temple of Cao Dai, a religion created in Vietnam.
- Tour the area through local experiences by visiting a floating market, brick kiln, handicraft village, homestay with local family, and cycling around the islet under the fruit tree shade.
- Spend an evening eating food and listening to folk music unique to the Mekong Delta.
Central & Northern Region
- Visit temples and tombs from the ancient Cham society at My Son.
- Learn about Vietnam's last imperial dynasty on a tour of the former capital of Hue.
- Experience Vietnamese nationalism at Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum in Ha Noi.
- Enjoy other sites including the ancient town of Hội An and Hạ Long bay. Both have been recognized as cultural and nature world heritage sites, and top destinations in Vietnam.
- Compare Vietnam with its neighbor to the west during this 4-day excursion.
- Visit two of Cambodia's national treasures: the Royal Palace and Angkor Archeological Park.