- Course offerings concentrate on a wide range of subjects including art, business, Chinese language, communications, history, literature, philosophy, political science, science, sociology, theology and martial arts (Wushu).
- Professors from Beijing's top universities come to teach for TBC, and many are top scholars in their respective fields. Classes are taught in English.
- Courses are normally 3 semester credit hours each. Most classes are seminar-style and meet once a week.
- Language classes are required of all semester and year-long students unless Chinese fluency is demonstrated.
- Course descriptions are available online. (Note: Courses listed are tentative, not confirmed offerings.)
- Opportunities to learn about China through experiential travel are built into the program. Each semester includes a two- to three-week academic trip, a minor one-week trip and several day trips.
- Previous Fall and Spring Core Course Offerings
- Spring 2014 Core Course List
- Fall 2014 Core Course List coming soon!
All students applying to The Beijing Center must possess a minnimum GPA of 2.8
Second Semester Sophomore, Junior or Senior Standing when program begins. Students who want to attend the program during their last semester at Loyola should contact the Office for International Programs before applying.