Attend an initial advising session:
With 100+ programs in 66 countries, you have a world of choices. Come learn about the study abroad programs offered by Loyola University Chicago. Initial advising sessions, led by study abroad alumni and staff, are held Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4–5 p.m. in Sullivan Center Room 206. There will also be sessions held at the Water Tower Campus (Location TBA) on Thursdays throughout the Spring term: 1/28, 2/4, 2/25, 3/17, 3/31, 4/14, and 4/28. To register for a spot in our next initial advising session, click here.
- Have questions or need help registering? Call our office at 773.508.3899 or stop by Sullivan 206.
Consider your options:
See our full list of semester/full year, J-Term and Spring Break, and Summer Programs & J-Term and check out our Map of Countries where you can study abroad. No two programs are exactly alike—even in the same country. You might find yourself on an American-style campus taking courses in English or living with a host family while taking classes at a local university.
As you’re weighing your options, make sure you Know the Essentials:
- Am I eligible for this program?
- Will I still be on track for graduation?
- How will courses abroad affect me back home?
- When can I apply?
- Can I afford it?
Complete the Go Global Worksheet to compare program options and understand the basics of each study abroad program you're considering. This worksheet is required for your meeting with a study abroad advisor.
Get your questions answered:
Students who are interested in our center programs in Rome, Beijing, and Vietnam are welcome to stop by our office in the Sullivan Center any time between 9 a.m.–noon or 1–5 p.m., Monday–Friday, to speak with a program representative for more information. *The Go Global worksheet is recommended but not required.
For all other study abroad programs, please contact the Office for International Programs to schedule a one-on-one appointment with a study abroad advisor.
- Call our office at 773.508.3899 or stop by Sullivan 206 to set up an advising appointment.
- Bring the completed Go Global Worksheet to discuss with your advisor.
Once you’re ready to apply, click here for the study abroad application and instructions.
- Remember: if you’re attending a Global Partner program (IES, USAC, SIT, API, CIS, SRAS, Jesuit University, and Petition) or a Global Exchange you’ll also need to complete that program’s application.