Institute for the international education of students (IES) Program
Please Scroll Down for Direct Links to Program Pages.
Located in Chicago, IES is one of the oldest study abroad organizations in America and has over 175 colleges and universities participating in its consortium. IES offers programs of study and internships in a variety of disciplines. Loyola allows students to attend IES programs for LUC credit.
To enroll in an IES program, you must complete the Loyola Study Abroad Application and the IES Study Abroad Application.
Program deadlines may vary, so check Loyola’s Study Abroad Deadlines Page for more information.
Semester tuition ranges from $9,500 to $18,500. Summer tuition ranges from $4,150-$7240. Each program may vary in terms of fees and what is/is not included in them. For more information on individual program costs, visit the IES website (https://www.iesabroad.org/IES/Programs/programs.html).
Special Note: IES requires summer 2012 students to purchase its international insurance in addition to the mandatory Loyola international health and emergency services plan. Beginning this Fall 2012 all (Semester and Summer) IES students are only required to purchase Loyola international insurance.
$1000.00 per semester
$500.00 per summer
Loyola students are not eligible to apply for IES scholarships; however, Loyola does encourage students considering IES programs to apply for national scholarships.
Students may apply for federal and state loans through Loyola. The amount of financial aid students receive depends on the program cost.
- Buenos Aires: Advanced Spanish Program
- Buenos Aires: Advanced Spanish Honors Program
- Buenos Aires: Beginning and Intermediate Spanish Program
- San Jose: Social & Environmental Change Program
- Santiago (Summer Program): Health Studies
- Quito: Area Studies & Language Program
- Quito: Direct Enrollment Program
- Quito (Summer Program)Galápagos
- London: Direct Enrollment
- London: Study London Program
- London: Theatre Studies Program
- London (Summer Program): UK Today Program
- London (Summer Program): Internship Program
- London & Oxford: Health Studies Program
- Arles (Summer Program)
- Paris: Business & International Affairs Program
- Paris: French Studies Program
- Paris (Summer Program): Beginning Language Program
- Paris (Summer Program): Intermediate & Advanced Language Program
- Berlin: Language & Area Studies Program
- Berlin: Metropolitan Studies Program
- Berlin (Summer Program)
- European Union
- European Union (Summer Program)
- Freiburg: Environmental Studies Program (Begins Fall 2010)
- Freiburg: Language & Area Studies Program
- Dublin: Direct Enrollment
- Dublin: Irish General Studies ProgramDublin (Summer Program): Irish General Studies Program
- Dublin (Summer Program): Internship ProgramDublin (Summer Program): Theatre Performance Program
- Barcelona: Advanced Spanish Studies Program
- Barcelona: Liberal Arts & Business Program
- Barcelona (Summer Program): Intensive Internship Program
- Madrid (Summer Program)
- Salamanca (Summer Program)
*Note: The IES Programs in Milan, Rome, Siena, Beijing, Shanghai, and Santiago are not available to LUC students.